Sunday, October 14, 2018

CI WS

CI workshop + Jam by Alex Postnikov
Regular Majima Contact Improvisationspecial edition: I will do the usual time with a little change.
☆WS 15: 00-16: 30 + JAM 16: 30 - 18: 00 byAlex Postnikov (Ukraine) from Ukraine to Japan
Application is unnecessary, but I wouldappreciate it if you can contact us in advance (on this page or messenger)

【 Place 】 Majima Ballet Studio (5-9-5 Kitasuna, Koto-ku) Sunamachi Ginza
(18-minute walk from Tozai lineMinamisunamachi st or Toei Shinjuku line Ooshima )

[Price]WS 2000 yen + JAM 500 yen (Please payon the day)

I got into Contact Improvisation around 12years ago, directly from Zen, Aikido and Yoga. And from that point I never left. Because I don’t know any other practice that calls my total immersion and awareness, and gives so much pleasure, interest and discoveries. My personal focus of attention in contact is opening new possibilities of attention and creation of new options for self-expression, body development and movement. My dearest teachers in CI are Benno Voorham, Ruslan Santah, Ray Chung, Mirva Makinen, Karl Frost, Steve Batts, Eszter Gal.<
I’ve started teaching classes from 2009.Gradually my interest shifted from my own body to the interactions in a duet, and then mostly to performance. To the situation when we all balance lots of attentions, interests, spaces. And the investigation of body became the investigation of the world with my body.<
Starting from 2009, I am an organizer andart-director of Kiev festival of Contact Improvisation, as well as organizer of other events in Ukraine and abroad.<
For the last 4 years I’ve started doingargentinian tango and the combination of contact and tango – contactango. I was taking classes in this form mostly from Leilani Weis and Gaby Koch. And this combination appeared most valuable for me, with beautiful mix of music, dance, freedom, embodied improvisation and clear structure.<

No comments:

Post a Comment